The Children’s Ministry Network (CMN), previously The Consultative Group on Ministry among Children, was constituted in 1972.
It is an official network of Churches Together in Britain and Ireland (CTBI).
It exists to bring together all those with national responsibility for work with children in denominations and Christian agencies who are in sympathy with the aims and objectives of Churches Together in Britain and Ireland.
CMN members meet in conference twice a year, when specific issues relating to children’s ministry are discussed in depth.
At each CMN conference a business meeting of all member bodies is held. This is the decision-making body of the organisation. It elects an executive committee. CMN is self-financing, being funded by fees from its members.
CMN takes part in the European Conference on Christian Education (ECCE), a forum for churches and agencies (Protestant, Catholic, and Orthodox) in all parts of Europe.
This conference meets every three years. It considers major thinking related to Christian education in general, and work with children in particular. Members of CMN have the opportunity to attend this conference.
- Acting as advocates for children in the churches
- Evaluating and promoting good resources for those who are involved in Christian education
- Developing support material for children’s ministry
- Training for children’s work leaders
- Learning about issues affecting children
- Hearing the voice of children